TopGuard Patrol & Patrol Plus- Guard Tour Software
TopGuard Patrol and Patrol PLUS
TopGuard Patrol® is a versatile guard tour software application from GCS. It is a communication tool for all GCS data acquisition units, combined with a report generator. It includes a Microsoft® Access database and the most modern programming tools, so it's powerful, yet easy to use. And TopGuard Patrol can be quickly configured to display in a variety of languages.
TopGuard Patrol software makes it easy to set up tours, download and evaluate collected data and prepare reports, which may be saved and/or e-mailed in HTML or PDF format and can be used on a stand-alone PC or on a workstation in a network. There is not a network version of TopGuard Patrol; however, multiple workstations having TopGuard Patrol PLUS installed can be configured to share downloaded data and produce reports independently.
- PLUS Version provides extended capacity, more reporting options and other advanced, high-utility features
- With fully user-editable text fields, TopGuard Patrol can be customized to accommodate any data collection application, including maintenance, service, cleaning, attendance or asset tracking
- Password requested on startup prevents unauthorized access to master files and configuration of data acquisition units.
- Data is also protected by a CRC checksum to prevent manipulation
- Uses Microsoft® Access database
- PP-Modem utility allows modem transfer of data from remote sites
- Built-in utility communicates with GCS data acquisition and transfer units - checks battery status, sets date/time, defines dialing parameters for modem transfer
- TopGuard Patrol - Basic Version: Up to 1,750 data media (magnetic data strips, RFID tags or optical bar codes can be programmed as incidents, personnel or control points in up to 16 rounds. Includes one comprehensive evaluation report format.
- TopGuard Patrol PLUS - Enhanced Version: Up to 7,500 data media (magnetic data strips, RFID tags or optical bar codes can be programmed as incidents, personnel or control points in up to 250 rounds. Includes six different report formats with four report options.
- TopGuard Patrol PLUS - Ability to create maps of tours using imported JPG or BMP images
- Supports An Unlimited Number Of Data Collection Terminals
Each time TopGuard Patrol is started, the password is requested. You may log in as the administrator or a user, as required. This prevents unauthorized access to master files and configuration of data acquisition units. The downloaded data is also protected by a CRC checksum to prevent manipulation.
Programming and Downloading
Tours are easily defined by manually entering or downloading control points from a data acquisition unit into a control point “pool.” Collected data is evaluated immediately after downloading it to the computer, and within seconds you can view the report on the screen. GCS magnetic data strips, RFID tags and bar codes can be used as control points or for predefined incidents or personnel identification. Reports may be printed saved to a file or sent by e-mail in native TopGuard Patrol format or as an HTML or Adobe Acrobat® PDF file.
Configuration of Data Acquisition and Transfer Units
The built-in utility function communicates with all GCS ProxiPen and Escorte data acquisition units and the ProxiPen data transfer unit. It can be used to check the battery status, set the date and time, define dialing parameters for data transfer by modem and other tasks.
Data transfer by modem allows recorded data to be downloaded from different remote sites to a central station for creating and evaluating reports at one central site. The recorded data stays in the memory of the data acquisition unit until the local modem confirms correct receipt of all data. The PP-Modem utility, included with TopGuard Patrol, communicates with and downloads the remote devices.
TopGuard Patrol is provided in the ProxiPen Kit and is available in an expanded optional PLUS version.
TopGuard Patrol has the following features:
- One comprehensive Summary Report format with 4 printing options
- Two password levels permit control of access to data
- Data maintained in a Microsoft Access database
- Accommodates up to 1,750 data points and 16 tours
- Fully-editable text fi elds allow screens and reports to be adapted to other applications
- Generates barcodes for use with the GCS Opto-Escorte device
- Reports may be saved to a file or e-mailed in native TopGuard Patrol format (VSR) or as an HTML or Adobe Acrobat® PDF file
TopGuard Patrol PLUS has all of the above with these additional extended features:
- Six different easy-to-use report formats with four report options
- Summary Report Report Options (Summary and Personnel Report only)
- Personnel Report
- Print missing control points
- Control Point Report
- Print Exceptions
- Incident Report
- Print valid control points
- Break Report
- Summary only
- Database History Report
- Accommodates up to 7,500 data points and 250 tours
- Can create reports for individual tours or clients
- Specifi c control points may be designated as “optional”
- Provides database history reports
- Importing of graphic images (floor plans, employee photos, etc.) in JPG or BMP format allows maps of tours to be created
- Allows tracking of employee breaks
- Intel 486 processor (or compatible)
- 16 MB RAM
- 50 MB hard disk
- Screen resolution 800 x 600
- Windows® 95b, 98/SE, 2000, NT 4.0 SP3, Me, XP
- Intel Pentium II processor (or compatible)
- 64 MB RAM
- 150 MB hard disk (depending on database size)
- Screen resolution 1024 x 768
- Windows® 95b, 98/SE, 2000, NT 4.0 SP3, Me, XP, Vista
Note:In addition, TopGuard Patrol PLUS includes a copy protection device that must be attached to a USB data port on the PC in order for the software to operate.
TopGuard Patrol can be used on a stand-alone PC or on a workstation in a network. There is not a network version of TopGuard Patrol; however, multiple workstations having TopGuard Patrol PLUS installed can be configured to share downloaded data and produce reports independently.